As someone with a crazy sweet tooth, cake is one of my guilty pleasures. I recently hit 9 years as a vegan, June 8th, and there’s no better way to celebrate than with cake. Wanted to try something new, but with healthier ingredients. So, I decided… why not add some Matcha green tea to the celebration! It’s mellow earthy taste and beautiful deep green color was the perfect add on. Matcha has always held a special place in my pantry. It’s rich in antioxidants and has so many health benefits. To make things even better I decided to sprinkle in some dark chocolate chips to help sweeten things up.
This Matcha Chocolate Chip Mug Cake is a quick and easy microwavable dessert that’s made ready in less than 5 minutes. This single serve plant- based treat prevents me from over indulging, yet satisfies my sweet tooth. The great thing about this Matcha Chocolate Chip Mug Cake is it’s sugar-free, gluten-free, high in protein and 100% vegan!
I enjoyed every bit of the Matcha green tea flavors and sweet pieces of chocolate in this delicious vegan treat.
Matcha Chocolate Chip Mug Cake Recipe
View recipe video here!
Prep Time: 3 minutes | Cook Time: 90 seconds | Total Time: 5 minutes
- 3 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 2 tbsp Garden of Life Vanilla Vegan Raw Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 packs of stevia
- 2 tsp Jade Leaf Matcha Latte Powder Sugar-Free
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10g Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
Note: I receive a small commission if you decide to purchase any of the items directly through my affiliate links.
- Add all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together well.
- Whisk in soy milk and vanilla extract into the dry mixture until it is smooth with no lumps.
- Transfer cake batter into a small 6 oz baking dish( example: Ramekin, Coffee Mug, etc).
- Heat in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Be careful before pulling the dish out of the microwave; it will be hot. Let the mug cake cool for 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings or enjoy it as is.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 235 kcal
Protein: 16g | Carbs: 37g | Fat: 7g